AR jawan dies by short circuit of power connection

TELIAMURA:

In a tragic incident a jawan of Assam Rifles died by electrocution at his own house today.

Sources said that AR jawan Ratan Sarkar (39) son of Gopal Sarkar was a resident of ward no-3 of Sukanta Palli village at Teliamura. Sarkar was posted at Manipur. He came to his house on leave before two months. His leave was about to end after two days.

In such a situation he went to wash hands at tube well after having meal in the afternoon today. But the tube well was connected with electric line of electric motor. Accidentally electric connection of motor transmitted to the tube well by short circuit. As a result the jawan electrocuted as soon as he touched the tube well and died on the spot.

Later the family members shifted him to Teliamura Hospital where the doctors declared him dead and shifted the body to morgue for post mortem. The incident of sudden death brought down a poll of gloom in deceased’s family and among the locals.