The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 aspirants can begin registration and application from Saturday, September 1 onwards through GOAPS official website. IIT Madras is the conducting institute for GATE 2019 and the last date to apply online is September 21, 2018.
GATE is scheduled next year on February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019 to be conducted in two slots for admissions to Master's or Doctoral programmes in IITs, IISCs, NITs, GFTIs and other participating institutions, MHRD and acquiring Government Scholarships/Assistantships in engineering, technology, architecture, and science. The scores shall be valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of results.
As per the official notification issued in the GATE 2019 information bulletin, candidates can appear in any one paper and in any one session only. They are strictly advised to make their paper choice (out of 24 papers) with utmost care.
The GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) is an online interface that allows candidates to apply online, upload photograph, signature and requisite documents, process application fees through electronic payment modes, check application status, download admit card and obtaining scores. -
Post registration on GOAPS, candidates are required to fill up data in the application form based on which they have to upload important documents. An applicant needs to fill up the following data/details:
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, personal mobile number, the name of parents and their mobile number, etc.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility details
- Candidate’s photograph in the prescribed quality and format.
- Image of candidate’s signature in the prescribed quality and format.
- College name and address with the pin code
- GATE paper slot
- Choice of examination cities (From 2019 candidates can choose examination centers out of three different cities).
- Details of valid ID proof (Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Driving License/Employee ID/ Passport/PAN Card/Voter ID).
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
During the registration and application process candidates must be in having certain important documents for completing the process successfully. Applicants are advised to make a list of these documents (in the prescribed format) and keep them ready during the application process. For convenience purposes we have prepared the list of documents, read them carefully.
- Scanned copy of eligibility certificate in PDF format. The candidates who have already passed an eligible bachelor’s degree in 2018 or before are required to upload the degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional certificate/membership certificate issued by the institute.
- Scanned copy of eligibility certificate in PDF format for candidates who shall complete one of the qualifying criteria (as specified in the information brochure must upload a Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute or a copy of mark sheet for Section A of AMIE. The certificate should compulsorily carry the signature and seal of the Head of Institute/Department with current date.
- Candidate’s photograph in the prescribed quality and format (Maximum Size: 480×640 pixels, Minimum Size: 240×320 pixels & Dimension: 3.5cm × 4.5cm).
- Image of candidate’s signature in the prescribed quality and format (Maximum Size: 160×560, Minimum Size: 80×280 pixels & Dimension: 2cm × 7cm).
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in PDF format. The only certificate issued by authorized officials shall be considered valid.
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format. The certificate should be recently issued by a competent authority.
- Scanned copy of Dyslexia Certificate (if applicable) in PDF format. Only the certificate issued by authorities empowered to issue Dyslexia Certificate shall be considered valid.
Any applicant who fills up with incorrect or incomplete information or submits false documents will have his/her candidature rejected by the authorities. Hence, candidates are advised by the officiating authorities to fill in the application forms on their own only as the involvement of third parties in the application form procedure gives rise to erroneous information. On successful submission and acceptance of form, candidates must mandatorily take print out of GATE 2019 application form for future purposes.
Begin applying and don’t wait for the last date!!!